Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kerry Gaynor The Method

Demand!  Not want.

want = try to quit

It's either cigarettes or me - VOTE for ME!

TWO OPTIONS:  QUITTING SMOKING OR GETTING SICK AND DYING

Go for it!  Commit my body, mind, and soul!

RISE UP - meet the challenge - don't make a big deal - it's just a moment where you want something you can't have

A couple days, and I'll be fine.

Pretty soon I'll feel better and it's worth it because I'm saving my life here!

Attitude is "I'm never smoking again!"  because I don't want to get sick and die from these stupid things.

ENOUGH, NO MORE, NEVER AGAIN

gain power from knowing next constriction could could heart failure or begin lung cancer/emphysema

The addict is a direct threat to my life.  FEEL THE THREAT

#1  OH MY GOD - NO WAY - lung cancer - heart disease - emphysema - OH MY GOD - I don't wanna get sick - OH MY GOD - half a million people in America died last year from smoking - OH MY GOD - One more cigarette and I COULD END UP IN THE HOSPITAL!

Be convincing and the addict won't come back tomorrow!

I AM TERRIFIED that if I continue smoking - I will get sick and die at any moment!

I made up my mind - it's a done deal - and not open for discussion.  PERIOD.

Role playing with addict:  "Hey - had a few fun times smoking with you but I AM TERRIFIED and I'M NEVER SMOKING AGAIN!

FOCUS
I've quit smoking.  I'm never smoking again and nothing will ever change my mind.
STAY ON MY SPOT - DO NOT get knocked off.

It's no longer about day-to-day life anymore - it is about cigarettes.  If they are deadly on Tuesday, they are still deadly on Wednesday, regardless of the drama I am going through on any particular day.

Cigarettes are "the" serial killer and I must break up and never reconcile because they will ALWAYS BE A SERIAL KILLER - still deadly when you are having a bad day and almost give consideration AND THEY NEVER GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ME

CLARITY
A child running into the street = me smoking
don't need proof to take action re: child
never would say maybe he'll be okay
no proof or certainty that harm will come
should be EQUALLY HORRIFIED of the prospect of death

Tomorrow morning God appears "Hey!  I've checked out your lungs.  They're shot.  If you have the next cigarette you are going to collapse.  You won't die but you'll be rushed to the hospital.  You will have trouble breathing.  They will revive you.  And then for the next 5 and a half years you will suffer in ways you cannot even imagine.  You will be hospitalized fifteen times.  You will be operated on five times, and at the end of five and a half years you will suffocate and die.

But if you don't have the cigarette, you'll be fine."

===>  Be focused, alert, and on the ball.

===>  Respond INSTANTLY to the addict

===>  If you hesitate, at all, you will give him hope.

===>  The balance of power immediately changes if he gets any hope

===>  DO NOT GIVE THE THREE YEAR OLD THE GUN!!!!!

#2  MANTRA:  It's not an option.  It's not an option.

NEVER enter the debate (addict's main tool)

#3  No consideration, no debate

I don't smoke anymore.  Don't be jealous of others.  They are sick and dying.  Buy a NO FEAR shirt because the real power is changing from within.

DO NOT AVOID anything - it will give the addict hope.

You will have memories of cigarettes.  You will never have a moment of consideration.

You cannot separate the pleasure from the consequence.






No comments:

Post a Comment